Updated: Mar 30
The 2022 wedding season is underway! There will be over 2.6 million weddings this year alone. That’s the most the industry has seen in 40 years! So what does that mean for what’s trending this year? I have done my research and have paid attention to my own clients as we plan their weddings and these are the top trends I am seeing for 2022:
1. Bright colors – Out with the wave of muted mauves, ivories and beiges and in with the color blasts!
Couples are bringing in excitement to their weddings with vibrant colors like red, hot pink, yellow and orange. I have four weddings alone this season that will be popping with color. Don’t be afraid to up your game and add some life to your wedding color palette. Bright colors bring life, joy and can be very romantic for your wedding.
2. Big Celebrations – Intimate weddings still exist, however, couples want to celebrate big and in big numbers. You’ll find more weddings that have 200, 300 or more guests in attendance. The pandemic has kept us away from our family and friends long enough! It’s time to kick Covid in the ass and get back to life. (Side note: I still advise all of my clients to be mindful that the pandemic still exists and we still need to be safe. Creating a safe environment to celebrate is important and should be implemented.)
3. Virtual Wedding Invitation Suites – Looking to save time and money? Go virtual! The pandemic has shown us that time is of the essence and we must get the word out quickly! About 70% of my clients this year are using planning platforms like The Knot, Wedding Wire and Zola to send out Save the dates, Invitations and collect RSVP’s. It’s just as effective as a paper invitation, you get the word out quicker and you don’t run the risk of snail mail losing the invitation or guests not receiving it on time!
4. Silver Accents – “Don’t call it a comeback, I’ve been here for years!” (Shouts out to LL Cool J!) Silver is making it’s debut back into the wedding world. Gold is classic and will never go away but Silver is bringing some sexiness into weddings that has been missing for a while now. Go on and make that accent color silver to those popping wedding colors and see what I’m talking about….you’ll thank me later!
5. Hanging Floral Installations – Floating florals, gardens on the ceiling..whatever you want to call it, it’s a whole vibe! Couples are loving Hanging floral installs for their receptions. There’s something very romantic about walking into a room and being greeted by flowers adorned on the ceiling as well as the tables. This trend will be around for a while and there’s so much creativity that will play into this.
Weddings are back with a vengeance and all eyes will be on what’s hot and trending. These top 5 trends you will see throughout the year and I’m here for it!